“Covid is over!” – this is how the Turkish tourism media welcomed the announcement of the government's Resmi Gazete on the cancellation of the main circular containing measures to contain the Covid-19 pandemic, which was published back in June 2021. The document has now been cancelled.
Its cancellation was made possible thanks to the new certificate “Measures for civil servants within the framework of Covid-19”, published by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in today's issue of the Official Gazette, namely the order “Normalization and measures to be taken in public institutions and organizations” .
“The normalization process will implement measures to be taken by the Ministry of Health and the Scientific Committee,” the official publication said. It also noted that “in the fight against the epidemic, the measures and rules determined in accordance with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health and the Scientific Committee on Coronavirus will be observed.” But in fact, anti-coronavirus measures remain only in official organizations, and tourists are planned to be left alone this summer.
Turkey follows European trends in this. Recall what is happening in Europe:
- Spain, a popular resort country, before the pandemic and constantly being in the top three in terms of attendance, actually “equated” the coronavirus with the flu virus. Entry restrictions have already been lifted in the Canary Islands, followed shortly by the Balearic Islands and the mainland. The Ministry of Health decided to treat COVID-19 like influenza from March 28 and removed the main measures, quarantine for mild and asymptomatic cases was canceled.
- Great Britain – virtually all measures have already been canceled in the country, including “entry” quarantines, which previously completely stopped tourism in the country. However, it is noted that since the cancellation, the number of cases of COVID-19 has increased – mainly in connection with the BA.2 variant, one of the most contagious subtypes of the omicron variant. Nevertheless, all the mass countries are betting on British tourists – including Egypt and Turkey
- On April 1, Italy should lift the state of emergency, which was first introduced on January 31, 2020 in connection with the COVID-19 epidemic in Italy and extended 7 times. It also assumes the cancellation from April 1 and the “Green Pass”, i.e. local QR code, which is requested at government agencies, banks, post offices, public transport vehicles from April 1. However, they plan to keep the mask regime indoors.
- In Germany, measures by a government decision will lift large-scale restrictions from April 2, including the obligation to use masks. True, every state in Germany has the right to “close”.
- In Greece, the government also decided to relax the measures taken in the fight against COVID-19 this month and canceled the obligation to wear masks outdoors.
- In Switzerland, many measures have been relaxed since February. The obligation to present a certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 at the entrance to restaurants, cafes, cultural events and other enclosed spaces has been removed. The mandatory wearing of masks in concert venues, shopping malls and schools has been abolished, especially in workplaces. However, the mask regime remains in place on public transport and the 5-day quarantine rule for those who test positive for COVID-19 is also in force.
At the same time, another restriction was lifted in Germany: now quarantine for those who caught the coronavirus will be carried out only “on a voluntary basis”. The federal government has decided to lift the obligation to quarantine “contacts” with Covid-19 from 1 May. Health Minister Karl Lauterbach announced that the application of the lockdown, which will be officially lifted as a mandatory measure from that date, will only be “strongly recommended” and will be based on a “voluntary basis”. Read the details here.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “British doctors told why headaches occur and how to get rid of them.”
➔ Do you watch news on your smartphone? Subscribe to tourism news from Turprom in Google News or Google Discover: these are fresh travel ideas, travel news and collections of sales of tours and air tickets! Or subscribe to the travel news channel at YANDEX.ZEN or at PULSE.MAIL.RU. We also recommend subscribing to our News Channel in Telegram: https://t.me/tourprom