“The government of Sri Lanka has banned the public from using social networks and imposed a curfew (from April 1),” the Yandex.Zen channel stunned tourists with this statement. Blocking instant messengers such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and imposing a state of emergency is associated with anti-government rallies that swept the country after the local population was unable to provide themselves with food and basic necessities, as well as many hours of power outage.
“The day started with good news, as they say – a message came to the phone from the Internet provider. When they will again be allowed to communicate in messengers, they will announce, the message says. This is how the government decided to fight the dissatisfied, who have been storming the presidential palace for several days now and demanding the resignation of the government,” the author specified.
It is also specified that the situation in the country is critical:
- Public transport does not work, the roads are empty, access to neighboring settlements is closed to the local population, however, tourists are not yet restricted or stopped in their movement.
- Supermarkets are closed, catering establishments are also most establishments, too.< /li>
- On thematic forums and communities, tourists pass from hand to hand the establishments that are open today.
- The ban covers all or part of the social media and messaging platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram and Facebook Messenger.
- Protests are growing in cities.
In the aggravated conditions, “the only thing left to do is stroll slowly along the beach, which is what a few vacationers are doing now.”
Against the backdrop of a difficult internal situation, the cancellation of flights to Russia from Colombo and back has not yet been reported.
For those who care about a healthy lifestyle, we recommend reading: “The expert named 5 disturbing body odors.”
➔ Do you watch the news on your smartphone? Subscribe to tourism news from Turprom in Google News or Google Discover: these are fresh travel ideas, travel news and collections on sales of tours and air tickets! Or subscribe to the travel news channel at YANDEX.ZEN or at PULSE.MAIL.RU. We also recommend subscribing to our News Channel in Telegram: https://t.me/tourprom