Thank you to everyone who has already inquired about joining the Travel Hack team. I announced on my Instagram Stories that I was looking to rekindle my relationship with the team and bring some new bloggers on board, but I’ve been flooded with requests for more information.
I started The Travel Hack Team back in 2015 when I was pregnant with my first child, George. I was joined by eight amazing travel bloggers, including Elle Croft, Taylor Hearts Travel, and Mollie Bylett (who wrote about her experience writing for the team here). I’m so happy to be part of the team and help bloggers like Molly understand the relationship between bloggers and brands.
What is The Travel Hack?
The Travel Hack is one of the UK’s leading travel blogs with 200,000 monthly views and over 350,000 followers on social media.
Our main focus going forward will be on weekend breaks and providing UK viewers with tips and inspiration for short breaks.
If this sounds like your travel style, keep reading…
Why be a Travel Hack Blogger?
The Travel Hack is ranked in the top 10 travel blogs in the UK
This blog receives over 200,000 page views per month and is growing significantly every month
Whenever possible, please take part in press trips for me.
Bloggers like Elle have traveled to Japan, Northern Ireland, Lithuania, Los Angeles, Canada (twice!), France, the Philippines, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Venice, Edinburgh, Hogmanay, Lanzerote, Fuerteventura, and Singapore. I visited and flew quite a few business class flights. Flight on the way! Elle currently only works on paid campaigns and often travels with them.
Have a chance to review new products
Links to blogs and social media profiles in author bio
Learn more about blogging business
All team members will have access to my e-course “Blogger Course” when it returns in September!
I’m looking for bloggers with creative flair and a passion for travel who can create travel content that is interesting, informative, engaging, and shareable.
The ideal team member is an aspiring blogger, freelance photographer, videographer, or writer who is looking for an online platform to showcase their talents and use them as a portfolio.
- Travel Hack provides a combination of personal travel stories and helpful travel tips to help and inspire people to travel more. I need to create a post that continues this theme and allow me to create a list of blog post ideas on my feet.
- Those who can write two blog articles per month
- Each article must be accompanied by a photo of yourself or with proper attribution and credit
- Passion (or borderline obsession) for travel
- Familiar with travel blogs
- WordPress knowledge
- Overflowing with creative ideas
- perfect spelling and grammar
- Understanding SEO and writing for online audiences
- Great photographer – preferably with a DSLR or high quality camera
- You can commit for 6 months – this is very important as I want to build a regular team rather than a one-off guest blogger
- based in uk
- You can write a blog with the theme of weekend holidays
- If you are interested in attending an event or press trip, you need to be flexible and reliable as press trips are often arranged 2-3 weeks in advance
Please note that unless we are already working with you, it will take at least 3-4 months to be able to provide you with a press trip location.
How to apply
Please email the following details to [email protected:
- A short sentence about yourself and why you are the best candidate for this position
- Is there a particular area or area of expertise you would like to focus on?
- 3-4 examples of blog posts you’ve already written
- 2-3 ideas for blog posts you’d like to write on the Travel Hack. (Just a title and a brief summary is fine)
- Link to your own photo example
- Links to relevant social media channels
If you have any questions, please write them in the comments section below. I will reply as soon as possible.
Top tips for aspiring bloggers: Photography is a very important part of travel blogging, and they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Therefore, if you want to apply, we highly recommend brushing up on your photography skills and showcasing your amazing photos through Instagram. If you are a photographer but are not confident in your writing skills, please apply! Easily edit and fine-tune your writing, and collaborate to tell your story. Basically, you can fix bad writing, but you can’t fix bad photography.