I’ve been using a beach trolley for almost two years now to carry the ridiculous amount of stuff I take to the beach. When my kids were little, I loved having a double stroller for carrying beach supplies, but foolishly got rid of it when my kids got older and I had to invest in a beach trolley have done!
Below are five of the best beach trolleys you can buy on Amazon.
But before you read any further, please read my mini guide to purchasing!
There are some things you should know before purchasing a beach trolley:
- Choose one with large, chunky wheels that can be ridden on wet sand. Don’t buy ones with thin wheels because they will only sink into the sand and won’t be able to pull over uneven surfaces like rocks or grass. Remember that large wheels are a must, as it will be more difficult to pull once it is full and heavy.
- Will small children sit inside? If so, get something strong.
- Does it need to fit in the trunk of your car? It doesn’t fit in my car, so there are only a limited number of places I can actually use it!
- Is there a place to store it or do I have to fold it up? Unless I have a huge garage, I would always buy something that folds up. Beach trolleys may not be used during the winter, so it’s a good idea to store them away. It is also useful if you have a small car and want to transport it to different places.
Here are 5 of the best beach trolleys!
Best all-round beach trolley
The Sekey Beach Wagon is one of the best sellers on Amazon thanks to its chunky wheels, affordable price, and folding feature.
This beach trolley ticks all the boxes. It also comes in a variety of colors and currently has around 800 4.6* reviews on Amazon.
Best budget beach trolley
It’s not the cheapest beach wagon out there, but the Nascarts Foldable Beach Cart is the best value for money at £89.99. It has chunky wheels, is foldable, can comfortably carry up to 80kg, and even comes with a matching cooler bag!
There are cheaper ones, but the wheels are so flimsy and thin that I don’t think they will last long.
Best heavy duty beach trolley
If you don’t care about the look of your beach cart, AmazonBasics’ heavy-duty beach trolley is a great option. In fact, I really like the look of the metal mesh design.
It’s also foldable and has thick, sturdy wheels.
Best beach trolley with young children
If you have small children, it is very likely that one of them will jump into the trolley at some point. Whether it’s a long walk or you’re tired after a busy day at the beach, you’ll want to ride the trolley!
This is a great option from Outsunny as it comes with an overhead canopy to keep your little one in the shade. Also, there are two styles of him: pull handle and push handle. Personally, I find it much easier to push when carrying heavy loads, so this extra push bar is a great addition.
It also has the all-important chunky wheels, is foldable, and has handy pockets for drinks and other essentials.
Best beach trolley with a vintage look
I have this Toby wagon. And yes, it’s cute and I love this vintage look. The quality is really great and I think I’ll be able to use it for many years. This is something that is passed down from generation to generation!
I like the way it looks, but it’s not perfect.
As I said above, it doesn’t fold up and it’s too big to carry in the car. I actually drive a Kia Sportage with a big trunk, but this beach cart is too big. This means that there are limits to where you can carry it.
It’s also heavy and I don’t think the handle is a little too short to pull comfortably. Ideal size for kids to push and pull, but not suitable for adults. I’m only 5’3, so that’s saying something. My kids pull at it a little, but quickly lose interest.
Despite the imperfections, it looks cute, so if you don’t care too much about it and care about aesthetics, this is a quality option.
Which beach trolley would I buy?
If you don’t already own one, you’ll likely want to buy an Outsunny beach cart with a canopy and push handle.
I like that:
- With push handle (easy to push)
- The push handle does not easily escape, making it easier to control even on slopes
- Comes with a canopy for shade (great for kids and picnics)
There’s a slightly cheaper one on Amazon that’s virtually the same, just doesn’t come with a canopy. It’s a Beau Jardin camper cart and has the same push handle.
Can you buy a beach cart canopy separately?
Yes, if you like the look of the Beach Cart Canopy but don’t want the Outsunny Cart, you can purchase the Beach Cart Canopy separately.
What do you put in your beach trolley?
- large beach mat
- bucket and spade
- Other beach toys
- Beach parasol
- In some cases, windbreaks or pop-up tents
- Picnic bags (here is an article about the best picnic cooler backpacks)
- kids wetsuit
- Beach chair (although my beach chair has backpack straps so I often end up carrying it on my back)
- Usually it’s a small child or dog!
- Lots of pebbles and shells!
I made a full blog post with a list of things to bring to the beach.
Would you recommend a beach trolley or is it easier to carry things in bags?
If you have a lot of luggage and the walk to the beach is quite long, the beach trolley is the best choice. To be honest, I think most people do because it’s rare to be able to park right next to the beach and everyone seems to bring a lot of luggage with us!
I often go to the beach alone with my three children, who are now 3, 6, and 8 years old. My girlfriend’s 3-year-old clearly doesn’t help and wants to be held a lot, so I let my middle son take care of the dog. I have a lot left and my 8 year old needs help!
Yes, a beach trolley is the best option.